PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICIES
We have created these privacy and security policies to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy and the protection of your information and to providing a safe, secure site for electronic commerce transactions. The intellectual property rights in this website are owned and controlled by Turnbull & Asser Limited. All material featured and information provided on the website, whether text or images, are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights and are owned by or licensed to Turnbull & Asser Limited. You may download, electronically copy or print any of the contents on condition that you are using them for personal and not for commercial purposes. Use for any other purpose is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from Turnbull & Asser Limited. No right, title or interest in any of the contents of this website will be transferred to you as a result of downloading, electronically copying or printing or attaching to email such material.
SECURITY OF EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE
The website also invites you to contact Turnbull & Asser via email, through the 'Contact Us' pages. Email correspondence is free format text and cannot be encrypted, therefore it is not a secure means of communication. Please do not send sensitive information, such as passwords or credit card information, via email.SECURITY OF EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE
The website also invites you to contact Turnbull & Asser via email, through the 'Contact Us' pages. Email correspondence is free format text and cannot be encrypted, therefore it is not a secure means of communication. Please do not send sensitive information, such as passwords or credit card information, via email.
We take security very seriously and use the latest SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology, this makes it extremely difficult for anyone else to decode. However, although we use advanced security measures to protect your information against loss, misuse and alteration, as is the case with all computer networks linked to the internet, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of your information provided over the internet and will not be responsible for this.
On placing an order through this website your personal details are protected from interception assuring your security. Depending on your browser, you will see a different confirmation that your connection is secure. In most cases, you will see a closed padlock at the foot of the browser. All transactions are confirmed and authorised by your card issuing bank. Turnbull & Asser Limited is rigorous in our approach in protecting the cardholder and we may contact you for additional security purposes should we deem this necessary.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION UP TO DATE?
We endeavour to keep all information we hold as accurate and up-to-date as possible. Please write to us at Customer Services, Turnbull & Asser Ltd, 14 South Street, Mayfair, London W1K 1DF, or email us on email@example.com to notify us of any changes to the information you have previously given to us, or if you are aware of any inaccuracy in the information we hold about you.
WHO AT TURNBULL & ASSER CAN SEE YOUR INFORMATION?
Information submitted to us is available to Turnbull & Asser employees managing and using this information, but otherwise is kept confidential from other members of our staff.
DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHERS?
We may need to pass your information on to others solely to enable us to provide you with the goods or services you have ordered or requested from us or otherwise in connection with our relationship with you. If you permit us to do so by indicating at the time you register your details with us we may also occasionally pass your details to other companies in the Turnbull & Asser Group, as well as business associates or other carefully selected organisations to enable you to receive details of offers and events that may be of interest to you.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
- To send you email notifications when you place a product in your basket and you abandon your browsing before completing your checkout. We do this based on our legitimate interest. To provide you with tracking information so that you can follow your order. We do this under legitimate interest to enhance your customer experience and give you more information around where your delivery is and when your order will arrive.
- With your consent, or whenever you purchase with us and do not choose out of receiving our updates, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, web, text, telephone and through our customer services about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on.
Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
HOW CAN YOU STOP RECEIVING MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS FROM US?
If you wish to cease receiving marketing or market research communications from us or would like us to cease processing your information in any other way you can write to us at Customer Services, Turnbull & Asser, 14 South Street, Mayfair, London W1K 1DF, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org indicating this.
TELEPHONE CALLS WITH US
As is the case with many high profile organisations, communications with Turnbull & Asser by telephone may be recorded for the purposes of monitoring our customer service standards and for security.
If required by law Turnbull & Asser Limited will disclose personally identifiable information without your permission to the relevant legal authorities. This disclosure will be made in good faith belief that such disclosure is required to investigate or protect against suspected criminal activities to our customers, affiliates, visitors or property (including this website), or to others.
DATA PROTECTION LEGISLATION
We comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 in respect of any information we hold.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
In the event that we change any of our Privacy and Security policies we will post details of the changes on this website. This will allow users to always be aware of our current policies. In the event that we decide to change our use of personally identifiable information in a way that is different from that stated at the time of collection of said information, then we will notify users by way of an email. We will give users a choice as to whether or not we use their information in the different manner.
SCOPE OF THE PRIVACY AND SECURITY STATEMENT
This Privacy and Security Statement applies to only our UK Website.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you place an order on our website, we will collect your name, telephone number, email address as well as billing and shipping addresses. We use this information to be able to deliver goods to you. You can choose to opt-in or out of any marketing communications at the time of registration or placing an order.
On all users who browse our website, we collect cookies in order to personalise your digital experience with us. This includes location data, browsing data from our own website and other demographic data. You can view a list of the cookies we collect, by visiting https://turnbullandasser.co.uk/legal/cookie-policy .
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can tell us how you’d like to be contacted, either at the point of providing us with your information, or any time after this.
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our website, you’ll be able to indicate if you do or do not want to receive marketing communications from us
• If you’re already receiving communication from us, and would like to change how we contact you, you can email email@example.com, visit your account online, or press ‘unsubscribe’ on any email from us
We do not rent or sell any of your information. The only time we will share your personal information is when requested by law.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to
Turnbull & Asser Ecommerce Department
The Data Controller
14 South Street
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
At any time you can edit your Turnbull & Asser account information, including your address and contact details. You cannot change the name, address, contact details of existing order details of existing orders, but you can change your order by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to send you certain communications that we consider to be part of our service to your account without allowing you to opt out of receiving them. This communication will provide you with information such as: the status of your order, the status of your refund and other administrative messages. You can remove your account to stop receiving these messages. Please note that if you place an order with this site we will keep a secure and permanent record of your details as entered at the time of order purely for financial purposes.
THIRD PARTY DATA PROCESSORES
We have chosen a secure set of digital partner to help us provide the best possible service to you online and in-store. These partners could be one of the following:
• Business partners, licensees, suppliers, service providers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. Third parties are only authorised by us to use or disclose the information we provide them, to the extent necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
• Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about you.
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
• Third party fraud screening agents for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We have relationships with carefully selected third parties who may also set cookies during your visit to be used for remarketing purposes – in other words to show you different products and services based on what you appear to be interested in. This type of advertising is designed to provide you with a selection of products based on what you’re viewing on this site, these products are then presented to you by our business partners when you visit other selected websites. The adverts may highlight products you’ve viewed, alternative styles and colours, as well as products from other categories deemed relevant to your browsing history. The technology behind these adverts is based on cookies.
DotMailer: If you sign up to receive email marketing communications from us, this information is sent to DotMailer who process our email marketing
Teamwork: Any order information submitted on this site will be securely sent through Teamwork to our EPOS system
Rackspace: This is the company that serve and host our website.
Mailchimp: Mailchimp will process your order updates and shipping notifications if you place an order online.
Nosto: This company provides suggestions of product to you on site based on the products you have viewed previously. Nosto also will show you ads via Facebook and Instagram based on the products you have been looking at.
By navigating our site you agree to the above data handlers handling your data.
We do not hold any payment / credit card information. This is processed securely by our chosen partner SagePay. We never have visibility of this or store this anywhere on our site.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA?
We take data security very seriously & have put in place various security measures to ensure your data is safe in our hands.
• For example, all information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and any payment transactions will be encrypted. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
• Unfortunately, however the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
• Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
• Children under the age of eighteen may not shop on this website without the consent of their legal representatives.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION?
• We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
• To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
• In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.